The Salvation Army Turning Point Programs have provided professional and comprehensive treatment of substance use disorders for the West Michigan area since 1973. The Salvation Army is the oldest continuing provider of addictions treatment in the United States. Turning Point is co-occurring capable meaning that individuals who have substance use disorders and co-occurring mental illnesses are welcome. Methods of payment include most insurances, many county/state funded programs and self pay. Turning Point serves approximately 2000 people annually. All services provided are accredited by Joint Commission and licensed by the State of Michigan.
Sub-Acute Medical Detoxification
The Sub-acute Medical Detoxification unit provides peer support, Master’s level therapists, and medical care for individuals who present a need for supervised withdrawal from alcohol and drug abuse. Medical staff, including physicians, are available twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week. The average length of stay is three to five days.
Short-term Residential Treatment
This level of care is designed to stabilize and treat individuals who have a substance use disorder or are in need of a co-occurring capable service. This service offers an intense level of care with a seven day per week clinical treatment regimen. Individualized treatment plans utilize group therapy, educational lectures, AA/NA meetings, continuing care planning and referral. The length of stay generally ranges from five to thirty days.
These non-residential services offer individuals who are clinically appropriate the ability to carry on their daily responsibilities and attend group/individual therapy and educational lectures multiple times throughout the week. This therapy is designed to be a beginning of a continuation of treatment in order to allow individuals to further develop the skills to maintain long term recovery.
For more information, please contact Turning Point in the following ways:
Phone number: 616.742.0351
Fax number: 616.742.0370
Address: 1215 Fulton St E., Grand Rapids, MI 49503
“In Partnership with the Ferguson Renaissance Center”